Today, I'm thankful for...
- weather forecasts with mentions of sunshine and temperatures above 50. Could Spring actually be here to stay?
- random text messages from friends that have no purpose other than to remind me that I'm being thought of and prayed for.
- this strange, transitory phase of life I'm in right now, and the lessons it teaches me about waiting, trusting, and blooming where I'm planted.
- moments when I realize that I'm "thinking like a writer," and the satisfaction I feel knowing that my choice to stop avoiding blogging was a great one, even though it's often difficult.
- the opportunity I will have tomorrow to enjoy a farewell dinner with one of my former M.A. classmates, who will return to Shanghai on Saturday, and the friendship we have formed over the last year and a half.
- subbing assignments, like those I had on Tuesday and Wednesday, when I actually get to teach real Spanish and/or ESL lessons.
- subbing assignments, like the one I had today and will have tomorrow, when I don't feel like much more than a glorified babysitter, but I do get to catch up on some reading. Too many of these days would drive me crazy, but I will admit that they are pretty relaxing and enjoyable every now and then!
- first period "preps" as a sub, and the extra time they give me to read through plans, get to know a new building, and review emergency procedures.
- "Spring Break" cancellations of some of my regular weekly activities, and some extra "me time" at night.
- these rapidly dwindling numbers: 7, 37, and 72, which mark my countdowns to the days when I will visit my family in New York, watch my husband graduate from business school, and embark on a Grecian adventure.
For all of these blessings, and so many more, I am thankful!